Skip to main content

S.H. Figuarts Ultraman Rosso Wind & Blu Ground.





My latest purchase was S.H. Figuarts Ultraman Rosso Wind & Blu Ground. They're just one of various forms that these 2 can transform into. Their original color scheme is red (Rosso) and blue (Blu).




 These figures are really nice. Very nicely detailed and painted. The articulation is pretty good as well. Joints are a little stiff but you can get them in some good, expressive poses.


As far as accessories, they each come with a total of 5 pairs of hands, a color timer and their sword weapons that can be pegged together to form one. Rosso Wind's has redish highlights and Blu Ground has bluish.



 I own the Ultra Action versions of their original forms. Tamasshii Nations has their original forms available, as well as reversed versions of the Wind & Ground forms.




Tamasshii Nations is also planning on releasing the Ruebe variant, which is the Ultra they become when they combine their forms. I own the Ultra Action version of that figure as well, so I'll most likely skip that release.


One thing to note is that the paint can scratch / chip off in certain areas due to the articulation, so be careful when posing them.



I wonder if Tamasshii Nations will release further figures from this series or film, such as a villain character and a female Ultra. If they did I'd definitely be interested in Ultraman Tregear (the villain) and Ultrawoman Grigio. I've already seen and pre-ordered Black King from the Return of Ultraman series, I'm psyched about that one.

I'd give Rosso Wind & Blu Ground a thumbs up. Nice colors, good articulation and a decent amount of extra hands make them a worthy release. Plus they're not Web exclusives so they're reasonably affordable.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...