Skip to main content

Mafex Justice League Wonder Woman



 

 Today I picked up a Mafex Justice League Wonder Woman. It's the 1st Mafex figure I've ever gotten. I'm usually an S.H. Figuarts kinda guy, but their Wonder Woman's face looks just bad to me, like a caveman. I don't think it looks like Gal Gadot at all.




 

 The face on this Mafex figure is decent. Out of the 2 heads, the one with the hair flowing back looks most like Gal Gadot. While the other one only mildly resembles her, at least she still looks like a woman. Out of the 3 WW figures that Mafex has released, this one seems like the best one looks-wise.


 As far as articulation goes, this figure is decent. One thing I noted in the many reviews I saw on YouTube was that the joints that attach the arm to the shoulder are a bit thin and could potentially snap if moved too roughly. As you can see, they do seem quite thin / fragile. I own enough action figures to know that sometimes you need to be careful with some when moving joints.


 This figure comes with 4 pairs of hands in total (fists, relaxed and 2 holding pairs). It comes with a lasso that you can hang on her belt, another that's can be held in her hand(s), a sword, a shield, a motherbox and alternate head. It also comes with a stand but it seems rather weak, doesn't fully support the weight of the figure without drooping down.








 
 She's about the same height as Figuarts, so she goes well with the rest of my collection. The details and paint apps are really nice, very detailed, especially the patterns on the shield. The hair is also a soft plastic, so it doesn't impede the movement of the head too much.





The points of articulation are the neck, the shoulders, the elbows, the upper torso, the waist, the thighs, the knees and an ankle pivot. I find it decent, mostly comparable to Figuarts. Some points have wider range than others, but that's something that's found in practically all articulated figures.



I'm pretty happy with it. I'd wanted a nicely articulated figure of the Gal Gadot movie version of WW for some time now, and this seems like the best out of them. And like I said, I found the face on Figuarts' to be just awful.



I would recommend it, though I do advise to handle it carefully, especially those arm joints. She looks great and she's fun to pose.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla Minus One

Right before the opening of the new Toho film Godzilla Minus One in the US, I received the figure from Bandai Tamashii Nations from that film. It was officially released last weekend, and about a day before that, some photos were popping up online of the final product, appearing with a very dark and bad paint job. Drama rose up in one of the kaiju figure groups I'm a part of, with one idiot in particular proclaiming that the S.H. MonsterArts line was done, despite having not gotten the actual figure in hand before he could judge for himself. After multiple posts trashing the figure and stating that Bandai was dead, he received the figure and then gave it a good rating (8 out of 10), making himself look like a damn fool in the process. I admit that those initial photos had me worried, but I decided to wait until I saw some YouTube reviews to see how it actually turned out to make my judgement (I pre-ordered it from a site where you don't pay for it until it's actually in sto

S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 1991 Shinjuku Decisive Battle version

The latest Godzilla figure I pre-ordered from the S.H. MonsterArts line has arrived. It is the 1991 Shinjuku Decisive Battle version, to go along with the Mecha King Ghidorah release from earlier this year. While the suit is almost the same as the one used in 1989's Godzilla vs. Biollante, they made some slight adjustments. Compared to the BioGoji figure, this one is much thicker, therefore, he does look different from that other release. His sculpt is the classic 90's era Heisei look, with small head, thick thighs, large dorsal spines and a long tail. Like all the other Godzilla suits of that decade, he has a cat-like face, both cute and menacing. While the King of the Monsters has had multiple looks throughout his 50+ years, it's the Heisei era that seems the most iconic. Artwork, toys, comics, etc, have all utilized this particular design. Similar to the 89 suit, this 91 figure has a small set of dorsal spines, followed by a much larger one, and then gradually getting sm

S.H. Monsterarts Rodan &Mothra 2019 set

My Rodan and Mothra set finally arrived after being delayed for a few weeks. After spending a few days going over them, I've had time to really assess them. They're both decent, but there are some issues. Let's dig in! As far as sculpt, Rodan fairs better than Mothra. Everything from the wings, face, torso and legs on Rodan are well done and nicely capture his condor-like look from the film. The face, legs and body of Mothra is sculpted in a very simple, dull manner, lacking any real detail or pattern. Part of it I think is that her body is so small it doesn't leave much room for details. Another thing that was pointed out to me by someone on social media is that Monsterarts may have based their Mothra on early concept artwork as opposed to her actual look in the film. The result is a smooth, crude design that, upon close inspection, resembles a Play-Do sculpture. If this was the case, Tamashii Nations really should've waited until they saw w