Skip to main content

Mafex Justice League Wonder Woman



 

 Today I picked up a Mafex Justice League Wonder Woman. It's the 1st Mafex figure I've ever gotten. I'm usually an S.H. Figuarts kinda guy, but their Wonder Woman's face looks just bad to me, like a caveman. I don't think it looks like Gal Gadot at all.




 

 The face on this Mafex figure is decent. Out of the 2 heads, the one with the hair flowing back looks most like Gal Gadot. While the other one only mildly resembles her, at least she still looks like a woman. Out of the 3 WW figures that Mafex has released, this one seems like the best one looks-wise.


 As far as articulation goes, this figure is decent. One thing I noted in the many reviews I saw on YouTube was that the joints that attach the arm to the shoulder are a bit thin and could potentially snap if moved too roughly. As you can see, they do seem quite thin / fragile. I own enough action figures to know that sometimes you need to be careful with some when moving joints.


 This figure comes with 4 pairs of hands in total (fists, relaxed and 2 holding pairs). It comes with a lasso that you can hang on her belt, another that's can be held in her hand(s), a sword, a shield, a motherbox and alternate head. It also comes with a stand but it seems rather weak, doesn't fully support the weight of the figure without drooping down.








 
 She's about the same height as Figuarts, so she goes well with the rest of my collection. The details and paint apps are really nice, very detailed, especially the patterns on the shield. The hair is also a soft plastic, so it doesn't impede the movement of the head too much.





The points of articulation are the neck, the shoulders, the elbows, the upper torso, the waist, the thighs, the knees and an ankle pivot. I find it decent, mostly comparable to Figuarts. Some points have wider range than others, but that's something that's found in practically all articulated figures.



I'm pretty happy with it. I'd wanted a nicely articulated figure of the Gal Gadot movie version of WW for some time now, and this seems like the best out of them. And like I said, I found the face on Figuarts' to be just awful.



I would recommend it, though I do advise to handle it carefully, especially those arm joints. She looks great and she's fun to pose.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...