Skip to main content

S.H. Figuarts Infinity War Thor


Out of every version of Thor from the Marvel movies, the one from Infinity War has so far been my favorite. He was a badass in that film. The scene where he shows up in the middle of the battle at Wakanda was simply awesome. When S.H. Figuarts revealed that they would be doing this version of Thor, of course I had to get one.

 
Even though it’s a web exclusive (meaning it’s pricier than regular releases) and it comes with very little extras, I really like it. The details on the face sculpt are great, down to the battle scars on his head. The body is pretty nice as well.
 
 
 
The accessories are 3 pairs of hands in total (fists, open and holding), and his stormbreaker axe weapon. Yes, it would’ve been nice with maybe an alternate head with glowing eyes or some lightning bolt effects, but the sculpt is good enough that I’m willing to let it pass, considering that some other figures have had awful face sculpts (Infinity War Captain America).
 
 
One thing that I really enjoy is that he comes with a cloth cape. After Figuarts kinda ruined Ultraman Geed Royal Megamaster by giving him a plastic cape that looked nice but was more of a nuisance that hindered the articulation, it’s nice that Thor doesn’t have that problem.
 
 

 
I know some fans have complained that the cape doesn’t have bendy wires in it, and while that would’ve been nice, it’s still much better than clunky plastic that would get in the way. And for resourceful fans, the way the cape is done (2 single sheets sewed together at the sides but open at the bottom), you can easily add bendy wires to it, if you so wish.
 
 

Another thing that some fans have noted is that his holding hands tend to not have a very good grip on the handle of his stormbreaker. That’s both true and not true. The way the handle is shaped, some parts are thicker than others, so there are certain areas on the handle where the grip will be snug, while others it’ll be more loose.

 
 
The articulation is pretty good, especially in the arms. The elbows are double jointed and can move in pretty well (unlike some other human figures), as can the knees. On my figure, the left thigh is more stiff than the right, so I was careful when moving it. You can always heat it up or use other methods to loosen it up, which is what I did, and it did help some. The upper torso and waist have good articulation as well. The head is a bit hindered by the design of the collar, so you get left to right and a bit up and down.
 
 


So I’m pretty happy with my Thor figure. I know that there are cheaper options out there, and it’s really up to the consumer to do their research and figure out which figure is the best for them.


 
 


 


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...