Skip to main content

S.H. Figuarts Ultraman Zero


My latest purchase is S.H. Figuarts Ultraman Zero. I wasn't initially planning to get this figure (I own an Ultra Action one), but since it comes with many accessories, I picked one up.



As far as articulation, this figure is an improvement over Zero Beyond. The elbows are double jointed, and the legs can move out more. And the color timer is better assembled so it actually stays in. The arms are a bit more stiff, especially the shoulders, so it's still not as fantastic as Ultraman X. 


The colors and sculpt are the usual Tamashii Nations high quality. Zero is red and blue with silver. He also sports the chest and shoulder armor that his father (Ultraseven) does. 



The accessories include 6 pairs of hands, including an extra one where he does his "peace" sign. He has an alternate head without eye sluggers, 2 eye sluggers that can fit in his hands, a larger Zero Twin Sword, an alternate forearm with a bracelet, and 2 eye sluggers that attach to his color timer for another finishing attack. He also comes with an alternate color timer. 



 This figure is pretty nice. I find the dimensions much nicer than either of the Ultra Act releases. It's worth getting if you're a Zero fan for sure.


Like I've said before, Tamashii really spoiled us with the fantastic articulation of X, so all the Ultra releases since then have somewhat paled. However, all accessories that Zero comes with makes him a worthy purchase. I approve.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...