Skip to main content

Bandai Shodo 3 Candy Set



My latest purchase was the Bandai Shodo Ultraman 3 Candy toy set. This one comes with Ultraseven, Ultraman Gruebe and Jugglus Juggler, as well as a jet from the Ultra Garrison, a warehouse building, a skyscraper, small set of buildings and stand.


 

My set was a 10 pack, so I came with an extra jet, extra warehouse, Ultraseven and Jugglus Juggler, both with their accessories.

 

I own several Bandai Shodo Ultras and sets, but so far I don’t own Ultraseven, Jugglus or the newer Gruebe, plus the jet and buildings are always nice extras to have for displays/background cityscapes.

 

These sets are smaller candy toys, pretty well articulated, with extra hands and accessories. One thing to note is that sometimes the joints can be a bit loose, especially in the legs.
 
 
 

Ultraseven comes with 3 extra pairs of hands, plus one holding his eye slugger and another firing his wide shot. His eye slugger can also detach from his head.

 

Jugglus comes with 3 pairs of hands, a sword, his orb weapon, and an extra chest plate with the crescent design on it.

 

The buildings are nice and relatively easy to assemble. The jet is a bit more challenging, especially the stickers, which are rather small and difficult to get on the jet, despite coming with a pretty detailed instruction manual. I’ll definitely keep the extra one and try it again, as my first attempt to place the stickers was ok but I know I could’ve done better.

 
 
 

These sets are pretty nice. You get smaller, articulated versions of Ultra figures, along with extras such as buildings and such. The sets tend to run for about the same price as an average single Figuarts, so you do get quite a lot for it, albeit in a smaller form. There’s a new set coming out that has Ultraman, Zetton and the anime Ultraman, along with the science patrol building and airplane. I may get that one as well. I enjoy them for the most part. They're fun to own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...