Skip to main content

S.H. Figuarts Endgame Ant-Man


Today I finally received my SH Figuarts Endgame Ant-Man. I had ordered it weeks ago from BandaiOnline (a place where I’ve purchased many figures from) and for some reason it was super slow to be delivered. Oh well, I finally got it.

 
 

I had wanted to get an Ant-Man figure, but since the prior releases from Figuarts did not include an unmasked head I passed. When I saw that they were finally going to include one with the Endgame release I picked it up.
 
 
 
 
As far as appearance, it looks great. The details on the suit are very nice, the masked head has red translucent eye visors that you can see the eyes from (previous releases did not have that feature). The unmasked head looks enough like Paul Rudd that it works. It’s not perfect, but it’s not awful either.

 

 


The articulation is pretty good. Some of the joints on my figure’s arms were a bit tight, but I used my Traxxas silicone shock oil that I got from ebay and that seemed to help. I’m always wary of tight joints as I don’t want to risk breaking them. The figure sports some nice butterfly joints in the upper arms, double jointed elbows and knees, and drop down legs that allow you to get him into some good, expressive poses.

 
 
One thing to note is that the little elbow pads on the outer arm clip on and can pop off if you rub them too hard when handling the arms to pose them. Since the pads are very small you may want to be careful. I also noticed that the way the shoulder pads are attached to the shoulders seems to be through  a hinge joint, so that’s also something to be careful about, as pushing them back too far up could result in them snapping. These are the only 2 things I can see as potential issued with the figure.
 
 

The accessories are both masked and unmasked head and 3 pairs of hands (relaxed, fists, holding). It may have been nice if he came with something else, though I can’t think of what (some ants perhaps), but it’s also not a web exclusive, so it’s not going to cost a lot.

 
 
 


I’d have to say this figure is pretty nice. I was a bit wary due to the tight joints (which is an easy fix) and those shoulder and small elbow pads. As long as you’re careful then all should be ok. These figures are definitely not for little kids; I’ve seen so many reviews on Amazon where a parent bought their 5 year old a Figuarts and complained when it broke during rough play. Other than that, this figure turned out pretty decent.
 

 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...