Skip to main content

McFarlane Toys Saitama


Yesterday I found the McFarlane Toys Saitama at Walgreens for only $12 so I bought it. I already own a Saitama from Dasin, but this one looked decent.



Once in hand, this figure is pretty disappointing. I guess the Dasin release spoiled me, because that one is a lot of fun, has a decent amount of accessories, good joints and 4 different heads, each with a different expression. This figure only has 2 heads, serious and slightly goofy, off to the side look. It only comes with 2 pairs of interchangeable hands, fists and relaxed.



The joints on the McFarlane figure are just ok. They're a bit stiff at the knees and elbows. There's not a lot of range in the head and neck, nor the waist. One area where this figure does shine over the Dasin release is that its cape is a soft plastic. Though I will say that the harder plastic of the Dasin is still pretty decent.




The facial expressions on both this figure's heads are kind of dull. They fail to capture the goofy charm that makes Saitama such a fun character. I also noticed that his serious head has a stain on it, and there seems to be excess glue on the bottom inside of his cape.



Another thing about this figure is that it has difficulty standing on its own. That's probably why the included a stand with a peg that you can clip into a hole at the bottom of his foot. That pretty much renders the soft plastic cape worthless if you have to struggle to stand him on his own.



Ultimately I find the whole thing underwhelming. Dasin's figure is far superior and still affordable. This figure is fine if you don't own one, or want one that can stand mostly stiff on your shelf. McFarlane Toys Saitama is just below average.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...