Skip to main content

Doctor Doom Custom Cape


I have been looking for a nice fabric cape for my Marvel Legends Doctor Doom figure. I had gotten one off eBay a few months back, but that one, while nice, was a bit large (and was made for the older Marvel Legends Doom). This cape I got from a seller on Instagram known as dd19customs. He has a YouTube channel and is known as Daredevil19, where he reviews action figures. His girlfriend makes custom wired cloth capes for action figures and they sell them on their Instagram account. They look pretty nice so I got me a Doom one once it was available.





Once I got it in hand, I can say that it is indeed, very good. It's very nicely crafted and is just the right size for this Doom figure. The gold cuffs and chains at the front are a very nice touch, the material of the cape is good, soft but not thin, and the bendable wires inside the edges of the cape are able to hold poses well. Even though they feel thin, they are sturdy, which is impressive. I had ordered another cloth cape off eBay some months ago and that one was so damn cheap, the stitched at one end quickly came undone and the bendable wire was a very thin, cheap material that looked a bit thicker than the bendable ties on bread and plastic bags. This cape from dd19customs is wonderfully crafted and at $26 shipped, it's a damn good deal!






As you can see in the photos, it looks nice and holds poses very well, allowing you to pose Doom with his cape flowing up in the wind, down, to the side, pretty much any cape pose you can think of. If you're looking for a nice, affordable cloth cape for your Doom figure, then I highly recommend you go over to dd19customs on Instagram and purchase one. They make capes for various action figures, and they all look nice. And now that I own one, I can attest to their great quality.




These final 2 photos are him posing with Harley Quinn from Birds of Prey, a figure that I will be reviewing next.



With his wired cloth cape, Doom is now ready to be the badass he is. Sayonara!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...