Skip to main content

Marvel Legends Iron Man 2020


While picking up supplies at Walgreens, I came across this Iron Man figure, which is a Walgreens exclusive. He appeared interesting, so I got him.






His appearance is similar to the classic comic version of Iron Man, only this guy has 2 jagged gears as shoulder pads, a small one on his left side, and a propeller like weapon on his right. This Iron Man is someone named Arno Stark, who is the cousin of Morgan Stark in some comics, the brother of Tony is another. The figure comes with some really great accessories, including 2 pairs of hands (open shooting and fists), blast effects for the hands and feet (and those are interchangeable and peg into his palm or under his feet), and 2 smoke effect pieces that the larger blasts can peg into and act as a stand, showing him blasting off in action. All the effects are a translucent orange and look great. They definitely elevate this figure.






His articulation is really good, with ball jointed head, shoulders and thighs, hinged shoulders, swivel upper arm and upper thighs, double jointed elbows and knees, hinged torso that crunches forward and back, swivel waist, and ankle pivots. Only one of the ankle joints was stiff, so I applied a little heat (or hot water works as well). He's a lot of fun to pose and play around with, especially with the blast off stand pieces. Both pieces can clip in together for a more secure fit. 






The details on the figure are simple but nice. Certain fans have complained about the gear shoulder pads, thinking of them as an eyesore, but you can actually remove those, as it's a loose piece that fits like a harness. I like the unusual design, as well as the cartoonish face, with eyes visible underneath the sockets. He definitely looks interesting and stands out.






Iron Man 2020 is a cool little figure with good articulation and great accessories. The Walgreens I found him at had several of them, though I know that can be a gamble, trying to find a store that has them in stock. I'm glad I picked him up, he's worth getting. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...