Skip to main content

Mafex Hush Catwoman

 


The next figure in my May release onslaught is none of than miss Selina Kyle herself, Catwoman. I really love my Mafex Hush Batman and comic style Deadpool, so I couldn’t resist this bad lady. She’s a great figure and the purr-fect companion for the Caped Crusader.








Her accessories include 3 head sculpts (angry face, neutral face and goggles up), 6 pairs of hands (fists, holding, pointing, relaxed, open palm and clawing), an extra torso that has her whip tied around her waist like a belt, her whip, and a stand. The extra waist section is really easy to swap out. You simply pop off the top torso, pop off the waist and pop the other piece back in. All three sections attach via ball joint. The face sculpts are well done. The goggles are translucent so you can see her eyes underneath, which are painted nicely, as are her red lips. On her neck there is an actual small chain attached to it. This is how she zips on that oh so tight suit, which is a shiny black, with a duller matte finish on her gloves and boots. I love that they’ve started to include little plastic holders for her extra hands, so that the holes won’t be too tight and will slip on easily onto the pegs. And her whip is divided into 4 sections that can turn, so you have various options in how you want to pose it. 








Her articulation is quite good. Head and neck are on ball joints so she can look far up and down, her ball jointed shoulders can rock forward and backward to allow for extra range. She has upper arm swivels, double jointed elbows and knees, hinged wrists, ball jointed upper torso and waist, ball jointed thighs with  slight pivot, and her ankles can turn and pivot in all directions to help her stand well. She also sports a toe joint; the range isn’t too far but it’s acceptable. All of  her joints allow her various kicking and kneeling options. Combined with her articulated whip, she is a lot of fun to pose. 







I had always wanted a nice, articulated Catwoman figure, and Mafex have finally delivered one that tickles my fancy. I’ve long loved the character, from her various comic versions, to Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer’s interpretations. I even enjoyed Anne Hathaway’s version. But we won’t talk about Halle Berry’s spectacular disaster. Hush Selina Kyle has everything to make her the ideal Catwoman.






Hush Catwoman is another winning release from Mafex, who have really upped their game in the last few years with great sculpts, articulation, lots of accessories and reduced QC issues. These days, they are seriously giving S.H. Figuarts some stiff competition. Catwoman is a great figure that I highly recommend if you’re a fan of the character. She is purr-fection, from head to toe.






Comments

  1. That's pretty cool! I own a few DC Mafex figures but I haven't purchased any in a few years. The headsculpts are really nice and definitely look like the HUSH era Catwoman. I never have felt like we received a truly great Catwoman action figure from either Mattel or DC Direct/ Collectibles when they were putting out figures as there was usually some flaw that held them back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...