Skip to main content

Jazwares Fortnight Legendary Series Recruit Jonesy


I had a little $ leftover from an Amazon gift card, so I came across this figure, for only $14. Since Jazwares no longer has the license to make Fortnite figures, I figured I might as well get him, especially at that low, below retail price. Plus, I'd always wanted to get me one of their Jonesy figures anyway.









Jonesy is dressed in military style brown cargo pants, with a green jacket and gray long sleeve shirt underneath. He appears to also have some type of grayish collar around his neck from another undershirt. At first I thought they had messed up and accidentally painted his neck the wrong color, but you can see a paint line that differentiates between where the collar ends and his neck begins, right under the head. For his accessories, he comes with 3 face plates (frowning, a slight smile, and a goofy smile), a Standard Pickaxe Harvesting Tool, Suppressed Assault Rifle, Tactical Shotgun, Proximity Mine Weapon, and Back Board Back Bling (a skateboard). He's painted and sculpted nicely, as are his various accessories.




His articulation is the standard that you find on other Jazwares Fortnite figures, including double jointed elbows and knees, and hinged fingers. One thing about this guy is that his hands don't wrap around too well on the rifles, making it difficult for him to hold his guns. I know past figures have had that issue, but on most of mine, I've been able to get the weapons in snuggly. With this one, it's been more of a challenge. Other than that, his articulation is good and I'm able to pose him fairly well.









Since I own the Rabbit Raider figure, the Jonesy face plates for that one fit well on this one, so I can mix and match, giving both figures options for slightly different portraits.




I know that there's another Jonesy figure without sleeves, and if I ever come across that one, I most likely will get it. I saw that one on Amazon, too, but they had it for $39, so I'll wait to see if I can find one cheaper than that. Though the prices on them may continue to rise as they are no longer in production from Jazwares, so who knows if I'm able to pick up some more?







Jazwares Fortnite Legendary Series Recruit Jonesy is yet another great release (from last year) from this now cancelled line. They had a good run and put out some good quality, fun figures. If you were lucky enough to pick some up, I bet you still enjoy them, as I do.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...