Skip to main content

Tamashii Nations Event 2024 Reveals

Tamashii Nations finally had their 2024 event, where they reveal a bunch of new figures in the works. These are the ones that have caught my attention. 







Alien Hipporit is finally going up for pre-order. I recall him being revealed quite a while ago. I want to say maybe a year ago, but honestly, it feels like it was longer than that. Anyway, promo photos have made the rounds, and pre-orders go up this Friday the 15th, with a May 2025 release. I will definitely be getting him.






The other two that immediately caught my attention were Birdon & Mother of Ultra. Birdon is one kaiju that I hoped S.H. Figuarts would eventually release, and considering that Taro hasn't gotten any of his co-stars, Birdon would be a great place to start. Here's hoping he doesn't sit in unproduced limbo for the next year or so. As for Mother of Ultra, it's about time she received a figure, especially since Father of Ultra dropped this last year. I'm hoping she drops in 2025.






S.H. MonsterArts Legion Queen was also revealed. Honestly, it looks great based on these photos. That being said, simply by looking at the photo where it's next to the Gamera, this figure will be HUGE, which means, very expensive. I'm really leaning towards skipping this one. Legion is a cool monster, but with the price probably ending up around $300 - $400, and with the QC nightmare that Iris turned out to be, who knows how Legion will turn out.


There were more photos posted of Greeza from Ultraman X, but he was first shown LAST year, so who knows if the figure will be released anytime soon. I think Greeza is cool; I would buy it for sure. 

And that's about it. Around the same time that Hipporit was shown, they also revealed the kaiju Tyrant, who has yet to see the light of day. Will he ever come? Who knows....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...