Skip to main content

S.H. Monsterarts Legion / S.H. Monsterarts Godzilla 2000


Two S.H. MonsterArts figures were recently officially announced. Already up for preorder, the first one is the Legion Queen from Gamera 2 (1996). The figure looks GREAT, the details and sculpt fantastic, and the size is quite big. Gamera fans were excited. Until they saw the price.

Not only no but HELL NO! At 61,600 yen to import it from Japan, that's still roughly $410 or so, NOT including tax, shipping, and tarrifs (thanks to all you dumbasses who voted for the clown). I don't care how gorgeous the figure looks, there's no way in hell I'm paying that much. I was already leaning heavily towards not getting it, due to fears that all those moving parts would be a QC issue, and with this outrageous price, this figure better be absolutely perfect, and I know damn well that it won't be. So sorry, Legion, you're an instant skip for me.









The next announcement, due to go up for pre-order April 4th, is the S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 2000.

This figure was already teased a few months ago at some toy fair, and now that we have official promo photos, it looks fan-fucking-tastic. For years, fans have been wanting S.H. MonsterArts to give us a screen accurate G2K (the previous one released was based on early concept art), and it looks like Bandai is finally delivering. The large head, the big, expressive eyes, those huge, exaggerated purple dorsal spines, it's all there.




And the best part? The price is between $80 (import) and $100 (domestic). Even though I've already pre-ordered the Hiya G2K, I will also be getting this one. According to the official statement, this is based on his look from Godzilla x Megaguirus (though it's the same suit from Godzilla 2000). So this gives me hope that maybe, they'll finally release a Megaguirus to go with this one, sometime in the future. And I know that the opponent from G2K (Orga) has a lot of fans, so we might get that one as well. This Goji is scheduled to drop in September. I honestly can't wait! I'm very much looking forward to this one.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...