Skip to main content

S.H. Monsterarts Space Godzilla

   


I was able to get an S.H. Monsterarts Space Godzilla for a pretty decent price (much cheaper than the $300+ that new one currently go for). I got it from a seller on one of those Facebook kaiju trading / selling groups.


It's in great condition, no visible scuff marks anywhere. All the joints work well,  too. The right hand can pop off sometime but it can go back on easy. His head has thus far stayed on, no popping off issues like I've read in some reviews.


The paint applications are very nice, the crystals on his shoulders and his crystal spikes are a nice pearl white. The eyes are painted great as well, no derp look.




The accessories it comes with are his gold Corona beam and a stand with crystals to put it on. The stand is kinda clumsy and holds it ok, though I find that if you close the mouth it can be held in place pretty well without the stand.


He's in scale with standard Monsterarts, Figuarts and NECA releases. He'll look good on your shelf with Godzilla and other kaiju.


As far as articulation goes, due to the bulky design, there's not a lot of range compared to some NECA or other Monsterarts releases. The head moves up and down a bit, side to side a bit, the mouth opens pretty wide, the arms move in and out, elbows can bend pretty far, the tail has a few joints and can bend in different directions as well. The thighs, knees & torso joints don't have much range, especially the torso. But the monster never did any back flips or yoga poses, so the limits aren't that bothersome.


I've always wanted to get my hands on this Space Godzilla and I'm glad I was able to get one for a decent price.  It really is the nicest sculpt of this monster, much nicer then the standard Bandai releases. I never really liked the face on those. The Trendmaster release was the nicest one I owned until I got this guy. He's really nice and I'm glad I waited to get a good deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...