Skip to main content

Jazwares Fortnite Wild Card




I finally got me a Jazwares Wild Card. I had gone looking for him at Gamestop but they didn’t have it. I found it on Amazon and got it delivered within a few days. He’s a very simple looking but cool character from Fortnite.


Jazwares Fortnite figures have so far been really cool. They sport great articulation, nicely detailed sculpts, a good amount of accessories and are affordable (in the $20 range).






Wild Card comes decked out in a white jacket, shirt, slacks, black tie, black gloves and black shoes. He come with 4 alternate face plates, which look like hockey masks but each one is painted with a different card symbol (spade, heart, diamond, club). Other accessories include a gun called a Hand Cannon, a rocket launcher, a crowbar and a cuff case (a silver suitcase with handcuffs attached to it; it serves as his back bling that can peg into his back). All these accessories are nicely detailed and painted.


He sports the usual articulation as other Jazwares figures, including double jointed elbows and knees, great range on the head, arms and legs, upper arm and thigh cuts, articulated fingers, waist on a ball joint, nice ankle movement and slight butterfly joints at the arms. The knees on my figure are not as stiff as the other figures I own, but that’s ok, as they make his legs more easily poseable. And just like the other Jazwares’, the finger articulation is just ok. It does take a bit of effort to hold certain weapons in place.






I really like the way he’s dressed. The white suit and tie look is simple but classy. His jacket is also a soft plastic and it’s also removable. When you take it off it looks like he’s wearing a white vest. He has that sophisticated contract killer aura to him.







After buying Rabbit Raider and loving it, I got hooked on these Jazwares figures. Wild Card is the other figure I immediately wanted when I saw what else they had available. Now I have him and he’s great! Something else that's also fun about these guys is that you can swap out the face plates and mix them up with other figures.




These Jazwares Fortnite figures are absolutely worth getting!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...