Skip to main content

The Loyal Subjects Ice Blue Metallic Alien


I had never heard of this company up until 3 weeks ago when I stumbled onto a YouTube video that reviewed some of the figures. I found this guy on Amazon so I ordered myself one. 





This little Xenomorph is cute. He's a light blue color with highlights throughout the body. He comes with an Alien egg. These figures come in blind boxes. You can either get an Alien or one of the human characters from the Aliens film, such as Ripley. 






I specifically wanted one of the Xenomorph aliens so that's what I purchased. He's articulated in the neck, shoulders, upper torso, thighs, knees, ankles, and a hinged jaw that opens with a little inner mouth that sticks out. His tail is also bendable so you can pose it a little. The joints are pretty decent, the thighs and knees have the widest range.






The hinged jaw was working fine until it broke after like 10 minutes. The inner bottom part seemed to snap off and fall out. I'm still able to keep the mouth closed and in, but without the extra piece, the hinge doesn't work without falling out. It seemed to attach to the jaw via two small little pegs  (above). It doesn't appear to be very thick plastic, so that's probably why they snapped so easily. Of course, this isn't the first time I had a figure break from Amazon soon after pulling it out of package. I think I'm done ordering figures from Amazon.




Another issue is that on the right arm, where the hand pegs in, there seems to be a split, which can cause the hand to pop off. I don't think it's supposed to be designed like that, as the figures in the reviews didn't appear to have that. 


With all those issues, this figure is just ok. It looks nice,  but the easily broken jaw hinge and hand that easily falls out brings it down. You're better off getting a non articulated Xenomorph that you won't have to worry about breaking, or just get a bigger NECA one, of which there are many.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...