Skip to main content

Marvel Legends Retro Wave Green Goblin


This week I received the Marvel Legends Retro Wave Green Goblin. He was one of Spiderman's most famous villains, and was released in the latest Retro Wave set. I remember seeing him in the cartoons as a kid. I distinctly recall an episode where he was flying around on his Goblin Glider, and was trying to turn people into monsters or something with a potion he had concocted. He's a classic Spidey villain, and he looks cool, so I ordered myself one.






This figure comes with a pumpkin bomb, his silver Goblin Glider, and unmasked  Norman Osborn head. His face, arms and legs are bright green, with dark pink torso, gloves and boots, a pink belt and pink satchel. His pumpkin bomb has a carved Jack-O-Lantern face on it with what looks like green flames, and his Goblin Glider is silver with two straps where his feet go into. I have an old extra stand from another Marvel Legends figure (the Demogoblin BAF, as well as his fiery glider), however, I wasn't able to get his Goblin Glider to fit into the peg for that stand as the hole underneath the glider seemed too small. Perhaps if I tried heating it up? Either way, the accessories he comes with are good enough.






His satchel is a loose piece that can be taken off by removing the head. The collar around his neck is also a loose piece. That seems like an odd design choice, being as it tends to move around when trying to pose the head, causing you to make sure to hold it down in place so that it doesn't slide up the neck. It would've been easier if they had just molded it as part of the upper torso. His satchel can also be a chore when articulating the body, but that can be removed if it gets to be a hassle. The paint is very bright and vivid, though I have noticed that on the legs, where there's the upper thigh cut, the top pieces are a different shade of green than the rest of his legs. It's pretty noticeable from the photos. As for the sculpt, Marvel Legends did a great job. The scaly pattern on his arms and legs, to the creases on his gloves and boots, and even his satchel are nicely detailed. The face is also well painted and sculpted, though I know that a lot of people have issues with his eyes, specifically, his pupils being so big. Green Goblin has smaller pupils; these make him look extra nightmarish. I personally don't mind as I find their creepiness appealing for this character.







His articulations is pretty good. Ball jointed head, shoulders and thighs all have good range, his upper torso can swivel far back and crunch forward a bit, his waist can swivel all the way around, he has double jointed elbows and knees, upper arm and thigh cuts, another cut where the gloves and boots are, and his feet can swivel and rock. He can balance well on one foot, do kicks, crouching and action poses. He's a lot of fun to mess with. I find that goofy, ridiculous poses seem to go well with that horrific face of his, like something you'd see in a bad dream.







I really like this figure. As for the others in this wave, the only one I ordered was Gwen Stacy. They also have a Peter Parker, but they gave him these awful thick, white lensed glasses that just look odd. The others are Electro and Daredevil, which i'm not a big fan of. This Green Goblin, though, is very cool. I like him as much as I like the fantastic Spiderman release.



If you can overlooks the bright colors, the loose collar and those huge, bulging eyes, you might enjoy this figure. None of those are things I find bothersome, and his articulation is great, so for me, he was an easy buy. Marvel Legends Retro Wave Green Goblin is a fun, unique toy. I'm glad I got him and will enjoy posing him with the rest of my action figures.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...