Skip to main content

PLM Dioramansion 150: Town Street Figure Diorama


I was browsing on Amazon some time ago and came across these dioramas. Each one is a 3-piece set, with each piece being 6" x 6". I figure I could use it as background for figure photos. They work great for smaller figures like Nenderoid, and work OK for most 1:12 figures, though you will have to shoot them at certain angles and/or sitting down, as their heads can tower over the top edge, depending on how tall the figure is.







They offer various ones with different painted backdrops. The one I got was a coffee shop and street view. I have a small 1:12 table and stools that work pretty well with the diorama, as well as small coffee cup and food accessories. The pieces are a base with 2 painted backdrop walls that you join together with small, clear clips that are included. I'll be honest, it took me a while to figure out how to put this damn diorama together. The instructions are in Japanese and simply show sliding the clips into cut out ridges, but trying to get them to snap in securely was not easy. I had to go searching on YouTube for directions, and one commenter stated a simple way to do it that worked well.




You simply lay one end flat on a surface with the small clips in place, then, holding the other end on top of it, you slide them into place until they click (see video above). This works well for putting both the backdrops together and placing them onto the base. 







They make a good, fun backdrop for some of my figures. Having them sit, kneel and shooting them at closer angles works best. I had fun setting up a photo shoot for a day at the coffee shop for my various characters. Smaller S.H. Figuarts (6" or under), Figma, Revoltech and those that are about 4" seem to work the best. 








These diorama sets are fun and since they offer various backdrops, you can purchase a few to make your figure photographs pop. At about $18 - $20, they're decently priced as well. I may get me a few more of these to give my figures more colorful backgrounds.






Comments

  1. Hi. Is it possible to grab the YouTube link on how to put these together. I'm having trouble with mine and I have already broken one of the pieces and some have gone flying when trying to snap them in place. Great photography. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^I just saw your video amongst the photos sorry. I will give that way a go. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...