Skip to main content

Titanic Creations “Red Scare” Pulgazary






From Titanic Creations, this here is the “Red Scare” variant of their Pulgazary figure. I was originally planning on getting their first initial release that went up for preorder, but I waited too long and it sold out, so I purchased this one instead. It’s the latest in their series of figures based on movie kaiju; this one is based on the North Korean film Pulgasari from 1985.










The figure is molded in translucent red, with gold highlights on the horns, spikes, eyes, teeth, torso, arms, legs, nails and toes. He resembles a demonic bull monster, especially in that crimson shade and those large horns on the head. The accessories include 3 pairs of interchangeable hands (regular, open and fists), a street base, a small solid figure of baby Pulgazary, a three piece train set, and two buildings with sections that can pulled off to make them into damaged. The buildings can fit into slots on the street base. One is tan, the other is black, each with several painted in windows to resemble lights. When you pull the pieces off, the inside of the buildings show detailed structure, giving them an authentic damaged look. The little Pulgazary is also molded in translucent red with golden highlights. The train cars can be clipped together to form one long one. The interchangeable hands were pretty tight at first. I had to strain to pull them out to change them. Once you’ve changed each pair at least once, they become easier to swap out. All three variants of the Pulgazary figure that they had available came with the same accessories, so the figure is worth it no matter which one you purchase.











One thing to note is that the figure is more of a stylized version of the actual film kaiju, and the name is spelled differently, with a Z and a Y. That’s because they couldn’t exactly get the rights to the film, so they had to improvise to avoid any issues. Despite not accurately resembling the movie version Pulgasari, Titanic Creations Pulgazary is still close enough in appearance that you can tell it’s him. It’s still a great kaiju action figure.











The articulation includes ball joints and swivels throughout the body. The head sits on a ball joint and can turn, he can rotate his arms in a full circle, lift them up in a T pose, bend and swivel the elbows and knees, he has a ball joint waist that can rotate in a complete circle, ball joint thighs and ankles, the latter with swivel that bend upwards and to the sides. The small tail can twist around. The lower jaw can open and close, and it’s a separate piece that fits into the slots on the sides of the mouth. It can be pulled out as it’s not attached to the figure, so if you accidentally pop it out, you can pop it back in. The left ankle is a bit more loose than the right. The head can’t look up, and can droop forward a bit due to the weight of the horns. The rest of the joints are solid and can hold poses well. 












Titanic Creations “Red Scare” Pulgazary is another nice fully articulated release from this company. I love his translucent red color, the interchangeable hands, and the very cool accessories he comes with. Like Yongary, he stands taller than their Gorgo figure. I’m happy that I ended up purchasing this unique kaiju, especially this very cool variant that looks quite arresting when the light hits it at certain angles. I know that Titanic Creations’ next super articulated figure will be their original Titanicus, a kaiju with large blue spikes on its back. I’m not sure if I’ll get that one, but I will absolutely be game to purchase any future figures they make based on movie kaiju. I hope 2025 sees a few more reveals from them.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...