Skip to main content

S.H. Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou Ultraman Tiga Power Type


This figure has been out for about 2 years now. I finally decided to get one, to go with my Tiga Muti Type. The initial release of that first Tiga had the issue of easily chipping paint on the lines of his chest. Thankfully, Bandai reissued a newer version, which eliminated that issue. I have the reissue and it's been great. Anyway, the Power Type version of Tiga is all red. He utilizes this form when he wants to use extra strength to defeat his opponents. I purchased the figure off Nin-Nin Games, and was delivered earlier this week.













Utilizing improved articulation and softer plastic, just like the other figures in the Shinkocchou Seihou line, Tiga Power Type came out looking really nice. The first thing that's noticeable is that his torso is thicker than the Multi Type version, which means they used a new sculpt instead of simply repainting the other one. As for accessories, he comes with multiple hands, including fists, karate chop, grappling, and open fingers. Also included is the red, low energy color timer, and parts to duplicate his finishing move, called the Deracium Beam Torrent. Holding his arms out, he conjured up an orange energy ball which he throws at his enemies, blowing them up. Included are a stand and base, a hand with a peg to hold the ball, and several parts for the energy shot. All these pieces are a nice translucent orange, and clip together easily.













The articulation is the same as the Multi Type version, although the butterfly joints on this one's shoulders don't have ratchets. His arms can extend far and bend in a good amount. His legs can kick forward, backward and spread apart, with the knees bending in far due to the double joints. He can do all the standard kneeling, kicking and action poses. I also checked to see if other accessories can fit his wrist peg, including Ultraman Orb's beam (it fit well), and Ultraman's Specium Beam (it was a bit loose, but still held in place). I also used some other effects I have leftover from other figures, to give him extra oomph. 








Despite the first figure of Muti Type having the chipping paint issue, all the other releases in S.H. Figuarts' Shinkocchou Seihou Ultraman line have been exceptional, with Tiga Power Type being just as good as the others. Bandai still has yet to release his all-purple Sky Type form, but I'm sure it will be coming within the next year or two. I had put off getting this release, assuming I could get it later, and I was finally able to, at a slightly reduced price. I'm happy to own 2 forms of one of the best and most popular of the Ultraman.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...