Skip to main content

Mycity Architectural Model Buildings & Diorama set


 I recently picked up a new building/street base diorama set. I own a lot of buildings, but most of those are silver, so I decided to add some color to my cityscapes.











I was watching a video clip on Instagram of someone taking photos of their Godzilla figure. I noticed that the person was using some small, brightly colored buildings, so I asked in the comments where he had gotten them from. He responded, saying they were on Amazon, and suggested I search for 1/300 scale buildings. I did and came across this set, which wasn't too pricey and looked good, so I purchased it. The set was delivered over a week ago.










This set came with a total of 7 different colored and sized buildings, a street base, and a small bag of cars and trees. When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to see that all of the buildings were already assembled, each individually wrapped in plastic. The street base was also wrapped in plastic. It's a T-shaped intersection, with spaces on the ends where you can place the buildings. The base has a series of tiny holes where you can plug the trees into. I love the variety of colors offered, for both the buildings (purple, yellow, gold, blue, etc.) and cars (gold, red, green, black, etc.). The buildings also have film on the insides, giving them colorful windows. They're also hollow, with an opening at the bottom that allows you to stick a small light into, which is ideal for night shots.











While the trees are a nice accessory, I did notice that they don't always fit too well into the holes. Sometimes you have to twist them in order to get them to hold, but even so, they don't fit too securely. The cars are a little bit larger than others I've gotten for buildings in the 1:12 scale.







This set is really nice, and it's a great accessory for your kaiju and Ultraman action figures. I've been wanting to find some street bases to add to my building collection, as I'd always seen some nice ones on YouTube videos and store displays. These work great as a backdrop for taking photos of your kaiju figures amid a cityscape.









Here's a short video clip where I used some of these new buildings, combined with older ones I have. Happy 4th of July!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultraman Omega finale

Episode 25, the series finale of Ultraman Omega aired this Friday. From the very first episode I was hooked, and the series continued to maintain a high quality until the surprisingly emotional end. Sorato (Omega) regained all his memories, learning that he was one of many Space Gazers, who's job is to watch a planet and not interfere with any wars between the species (in Earth's case, humans and kaiju). A space Gazer's job is to observe, study and take notes, to learn from a planet's successes and mistakes, in the hopes of finding the right formula to achieve universal peace. Having returned to his previous role as simply a watcher, Kosei, Ayumu and Sayuki were forced to rely on themselves and their team to defeat the powerful kaiju Zomera. As he continued to watch the battle, Sorato/Omega found himself wrestling with the inactive role he was meant to do and his memories of the friendships he had forged with the others, as well as the examples of human kindness he had ...

Help Me… I’m Possessed (1974) / #Missingcouple (2024)

I've watched some weird, obscure horror movies throughout my life. I can now add this lurid 1974 schlockfest to that growing list. In a castle in the desert, Dr. Arthur Blackwood runs a sanitarium filled with mentally disturbed patients (as well as staff). He claims to be working on finding a way to cure people of any violent tendencies they have, and brags about his younger sister, innocent, child-like Melanie, as evidence that his treatment works. When she was a child, their parents had to keep her locked up and chained in the basement, to control her violent fits. Now that he's cured her, Arthur has his wife Diane come to the castle to meet Melanie, so that they can be one big, happy family. Diane begins to grow suspicious that something is amiss after a Sheriff shows up investigating the murder of 2 local teens, and sets about on her own investigation, hoping to uncover the sinister secrets that she feels her husband is hiding. Help Me... I'm Possessed is an outrageous,...

S.H. Figuarts Father of Ultra

Last week I received the latest SHF Showa Ultra figure, the one and only Father of Ultra, who made his debut in the series Ultraman Ace. He’s the 1st of the two Ultra related August releases I had pre-ordered (the other being Ace Killer). Father of Ultra is easily recognized by the huge horns on his head. The rest of his body is the standard red and silver color scheme that the other original Ultra brothers have (different colors wouldn’t be introduced until Ultraman Tiga decades later). Bandai did a fine job in capturing his look, much more accurate than the highly stylized Ultra Act version, which made him quite muscular. For his accessories, he comes with 6 pairs of hands (fists, two sets of holding, 2 sets of flat/karate chop, and grappling). He has an extra right flat hand that shoots out his signature beam, called the Father Shot. What makes this different from other releases is that the beam and hand are 2 separate pieces, with a clear plastic peg on the side of the fingers that...